Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hooray!

We finally succeeded in getting the better part of our "clearing and cleaning" done in preparation for the refurbishing of our room! And I must say this is something short of a milestone for me since I've really been feeling woozy and sluggish the past week (must be the hormones going haywire again). In fact, I was beginning to worry I wouldn't be able to see any of the things in my to-do list through to completion because of my erratic moods and fluctuating energy levels. I really can't wait to deliver. It's getting a little cumbersome, carrying my belly around and negotiating my weight and size every time I move. Hay. Raya, be an angel and arrive at the soonest possible time! Hehe. 

It's also another good thing that my Lola came over to help start the overhaul. I think her fluttering about and supervising the "operations" helped me avoid slacking off the rest of the afternoon.  

That's not to say that the stuff we unearthed weren't interesting and enough to get me going. A lot of it was trash sure, but some were also little treasures. RJ found pics of him from his Les Roches days and he was more than happy to brag about how thin he was then! Haha! But it's true. He couldn't have been any more than 160 lbs! And he actually had a long neck! Hehehe! 

We also found pictures of him and old girlfriends and (oh-so-mushy) love letters. Hehehe. This isn't really a problem for me because I also keep souvenirs from the past and I like browsing them from time to time. ;) I even suggested that he returned part of the album to the party involved because some of them were childhood pictures, and if I were her, I'd want 'em back, diba?!

But really, the find of the day was an old toy camera from his dad's exploratory photography days! We're not sure if it's still working but I'm interested to see if we can still get it up and running by a vintage camera repair shop in Manila. I'd been wanting to get my hands on old film cameras to try and play with them and see what kind of images would turn up...maybe it's just me missing production work or "feeling creative". Hehe. But I really can't wait to get the old thing a'workin! 

I wonder what sort of other treasures we'll be unearthing in the days to come. Hihihi. But one thing's for sure, I'll be posting pics the next time! 

Now, I gotta catch some zzz's. I'm exhausted from all the sorting and packing. I think the dust also triggered my allergies that's why my eyes are feeling a little heavy...Till the next post.

No comments: